Extended producer responsibility (EPR)
Inter alia, this legislation means that producers, sellers or importers of textiles:
- Must bear the full cost of the life cycle of their product.
- Must meet the targets set out in the EPR for selective collection, reuse and recycling.
- That the textile products must be produced in accordance with the rules of Design for recycling (DforR) and Design for circularity (RforC).
- Must specify the volume of textiles that is put on the market in Belgium.
- Must specify the quantity of ‘end-of-life’ professional textiles which is selectively collected and how this is processed (reuse, recycling, incineration).
- Must make available the necessary financial resources to meet these targets.